You’re coming to a realization that you are struggling to do it all, but you are not sure who to hire first, right?
So let’s demystify this by defining the typical admin roles that are a great place to start:
Virtual Assistant (VA)
A person who provides support services from a remote location, who specialize in done-for-you services and deep skill-sets. So they tend to know less overall about your business, but become an expert is certain parts.
So if you are looking for some to simply take routine tasks off your plate, an VA is a great person to hire….especially one the offers to handle a full workflow on your behalf.
For a VA to be a successful hire you need to:
- Define your processes – videos of how to perform tasks, checklists with the steps
- Set clear task assignments – be very specific about what you want a VA to do, when, and how much time you want them to spend on it
- Manage them closely – they need you to be successful at their job
Operations (or Online) Business Manager (OBM)
A service professional who provides action plans to implement marketing and admin systems and software, launches, and other tactical work. They will work with you (and your team) to design and test the solutions. They are often retained for a set number of monthly hours to manage admin staff (like VAs), projects, launches, and certain workflows. OBMs acquire a deep knowledge of your business.
If you are looking for someone to be a partner in your business…to help manage day-to-day tasks, and planning and implementing projects, then an OBM is the right fit for you.
For an OBM to be a successful hire you need to:
- Be open – to their genius; let them make your processes and systems better, because they will
- Delegate – the management of admin tasks to them and get out of their way
A big-picture thinker who reviews your business for potential changes that will affect the growth and stability of your business and prepares a strategic plan to ensure goals are met. Their work involves analyzing existing strategies and practices, identifying areas for improvement and developing innovative strategies related to the goals of your business. They are usually a contracted resource that delivers their work through a set project. They are the person who helps level set you in your business at the point of time they are helping you.
If you are looking for someone to set you on the right path to achieve your goals by aligning your vision, offers, plan, and capacity, then START with a Business Strategist, like me.
For a Business Strategist to be a successful hire you need to:
- Be be honest – share everything, the good, the bad, the dreams, the nightmares
- Be open to restructuring – your offers, staff, projects
- Show up – ready to make the changes to get to that next level
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a breakthrough ( a change to push you to that next level, you know is there)….someone that can fix the mess, help you implement your ideas, and be more impactful than any course you can take… then hire me. I start with Business Strategy and offer some systems set-up work that puts you on the Pathway to the Money. You won’t be sorry…and you’ll wish you have decided to do this so much sooner!