Are you being effective with the time you have? Honestly, you might not know. You might be so busy trying things that you haven’t stopped to think the result of this could move you towards fulfilling your dreams. And for a lot of us… the added responsibilities of home and children are heightening the pressure and shortening the time we have to work.
Trust me, as a mom, I’m feeling this so much right now. In fact, I’m finding I’m getting less done in the hours I do have because it’s so hard to focus. If you’re nodding your head or even letting out a few sighs of agreement, let’s check out what you can do about it.
How To Maximize Your Time:
- VISION – Remember what you were working towards, decide if it’s still valid (it might not be, and that’s okay), and adjust if needed.
- PICK THE FOCUS – Pick ONE thing that you need to do to sell more, secure your current clients, make your business run more easy and smoothly…. These are the “needle-moving activities” in your business.
- DECIDE ON THE ACTION – What is the one thing you can do in the next 2-4 weeks to take action on the thing you want to focus on?
- FIGURE OUT HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAVE TO WORK – Get real …. it may only be an hour each day.
- MAKE A PLAN – That includes tasks with deadlines that fit the time you have to work. Break your tasks down to the lowest level so that it’ll be easier to estimate how long each task will take.
NOW GO DO IT!
Most importantly, don’t get distracted doing other things that make you feel productive, but are taking you away from this focus. Busy and productive are not effective on their own…. but pair them with focus on a priority …that, my friends, is where the real magic is!!!
Move The Needle
When you have hit the sweet spot of being busy and productive, you’ll notice that no matter how much time you have during your day, by using the steps above you are moving the needle on your business with activities you didn’t even know you’re working on.
But typically “Needle Moving Activities” are:
1- Stabilizing messaging
2- Driving Conversion
3- Developing / Enhancing Services or Products
4- Automating Manual Steps
5- Delegating to others to elevate your role
I spent time this past month working on defining the real value of the work I do. I realized that what I do provides clarity for my clients. Ultimately they stop questioning what to do, when and how. It takes the guesswork out of their businesses. It took me several hours of diving deep into my messaging and updating my website, IG bio, and email sequences. BUT it was so worth it when I started getting more DMs and booked several new clients within a week of implementing this messaging change. It “moved the needle” for my business.
Needle moving activity results in…
1- Running your business more effectively
2- You are in the direction of your goals and vision
3- You are impacted by your ability to make more revenue
4- You have clarity, peace of mind and flexibility.
So now matter how much time you have these days, learn how to maximize your effectiveness. That way you can combine being busy and productive to knock out needle moving business activities that help you realize your vision for your business and yourself.
Have any questions about these steps to be more effective? I’m here to help. Contact me for a free discovery call! This is the first step to creating a roadmap for your business’s success.